MAKE WAY FOR THE NEW MODERN MAN
With spring in the air, you took the dirty task of cleaning out the closet. Where you discovered clothes, shoes amongst other things don’t match up with the type of person you are at this moment. So what’s a Rascal to do?
STAY CALM, we got this.
Here we have MY OLD BOSS Bob Mitchell on Martha Stewart (video link) giving a small tutorial what to look for when you are updating your look. Keep being you but let’s add a little spit and polish into the mix.
Rules for a Properly Fitted Suit
1. Tie width should be proportionate to the lapel width.
2. The shirt should be fitted (not baggy), and be in proportion to the jacket.
3. The jacket should barely hit the top of the thigh.
4. Jacket sleeves should end between the knuckle and thumb.
5. Suit buttons should sit at a man’s belly button. If the buttons are near the belt buckle, the stance is too low.
6. Opt for flat-front pants, which “kiss” the top of the shoe, creating a very small break.
7. Pant cuffs should be a minimum of 1 3/4 or 2 inches, depending on the man’s height. Lighter fabric suits often don’t have a cuff, while wool suits do.
8. Always wear a pocket square in the suit jacket.
So take these tips to heart and let’s show the world or simply your neighborhood that “YOU’RE BACK”